Leave it in Your Pants
Ok, for goodness sake, please leave your cellphone in your pants when you’re speaking in public. How many times on a panel do you see some dufus pull out their iPhone like they are about to show you a working hoverboard, the golden ticket, or the cure to cancer… only to reveal that they have phone.
- We all know what an iPhone/Android/Blackberry is
- We all know that it has apps
- We all know that it “can change the world”
- We all know that “these little things are changing the way that [fill in the blank] are [fill in the blank].”
- We all know that people are going to use them instead of whatever else you are talking about
- We all know that the can be mounted somewhere to do something
- We all know that they connect to the world
- We all know that more and more people have them
- We all know that they have a data plan
- Yes, we know whatever other general statement you are thinking I don’t already know here for the #10 spot.
Please stop pulling it out of your pants on panels, in meetings, and in public to explain to me (and anyone in tech) what a smartphone is. I think we “get it.”
The next time someone does that I just might throw up the salute for Capt. Obvious!
If you do pull it out, it better make someone’s jaw drop with what you’re doing with it…
It’s not a prop people, it’s just a dumb smartphone… “just sayin”